Selling a property can also be a financially rewarding time, as well as stressful and busy if you are also moving.
In order to sell a property in NSW a contract prepared with all the mandatory documents that need to be attached eg. a council zoning certificate, a copy of the title and other title documents, deposited or strata plan, sewer diagram and any other documents that may be required for your particular transaction are required before it can be put on the market for sale.
Special clauses may be required and particular matters may also be required to be disclosed in your contract.
Lotus Conveyancing can prepare your contract for sale, advise and assist you through the process of selling your property.
The sale process can be summarised as follows:
- Giving instruction to conveyancer to act
- Preparing contract including ordering title searches and certificates
- Sending a copy of the contract to your real estate agent
- Payment of disbursements and file preparation
- Agreeing on a sale price
- Sales advice provided
- Issuing contract to the purchaser
- Negotiating clauses and changes to the contract with the purchaser
- Confirming receipt of deposit
- Sign the contract
- Contracts exchanged
- Arranging discharge of mortgage
- Signing transfer
- Ordering Certificates if required
- Replying to requisitions
- Checking settlement adjustments
- Ordering payout figures
- Providing cheque directions
- Booking and arranging settlement
- Settlement agents attend settlement
- Handing over of applicable title documents
- Receiving balance of sale moneys
- Successful completion is confirmed to conveyancer
- Conveyancer advises you of completion
- Deposit released from real estate agent
- Keys are authorised for released from real estate agent for collection
- Storage of your file for 7 years
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation.